Monday, September 19, 2011


From GoodReads

In Jeanne Adams's electrifying thriller, a beautiful CIA agent and a security expert find themselves in a desperate race against time...

Hot Pursuit

Security expert Gates Bromley's number one priority is protecting art collector Dav Gianikopolis. But when he joins forces with CIA Agent Ana Burton tracing several pieces of stolen art, Gates is distracted by the leggy brunette who stirs up the raciest thoughts...

After botching an operation that cost her colleagues' lives, Ana has been reassigned to cold cases. When news gets out that she's reopened a case involving stolen art and five brutal murders, Ana is almost killed. Seeking comfort in Gates's strong embrace is easy, but surrendering trust to the sexiest man she's ever known isn't—unless Gates can show her that an attraction this hot is worth all the risks. But first, he'll have to stop a killer who's bent on keeping the past buried...


My Thoughts

I was attending a local booking signing this weekend, and while waiting in line, I was checking out the bookshelves and book tables. I wasn’t really looking for anything new. My TBR list is HUGE. But it was one of those random moments when you pick up a book, read the back cover, and something sparks. I had to buy it. No second-guessing, just had to have it. Romance, danger and a tough female lead - exactly my kind of book. But still, I was caught off guard. Once I started reading, I didn’t want to put it down! I read it straight through and then immediately downloaded the sequel. Ms. Adam’s characters leapt off the page and her plot was intelligent, unique, and exciting. It was easy to get caught up in Ana and Gates, their attraction for one another and the danger they were in. And the plot twists kept me guessing until the very end. Would I recommend this book? ABSOLUTELY! Have I already started book two? You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment