Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Preview of One Heart ~ Two Souls

"Not one word," he threatened. "Not one word from you before I've had my say." Julia could see how angry he was, could feel it even from where she was standing. Not wanting to make an already impossible situation worse, she nodded in agreement. "A few minutes ago you... offered yourself to me." He struggled over the words, his voice thick and hoarse. "And as much as I want you... as much as I need you... I said no." There it was again he thought. That flash of pain in her eyes. F*** it all to hell. He hadn't meant to hurt her. He crossed the room to stand in front of her. "I think you leapt to the wrong conclusion." She was staring down at the floor now, so he reached out and lifted her face to his. "I didn't say no because I don't want you. I want you more than I can possibly convey. You felt it. You know I'm telling the truth." Slowly, she nodded. He stepped into her then. "I want you. I need you." He reached out and ran his fingers down the length of her hair. "I'm desperate to have you," he whispered hoarsely. "But tonight is not that night." When she started to speak, he put a finger to her lips. "Still my turn, sweetheart. You've had one hell of a day. We've both run the gamut of emotions. Your mind must be spinning. I know mine is. So I said no." Grayson took a chance and kissed her lightly on the lips. "What can I say? I'm selfish and greedy. When we make love... when I make you mine... I want all of your focus and attention, all your thoughts... to be on me." He kissed her again, taking it deeper this time. "That's why I said no."

No comments:

Post a Comment