Monday, February 14, 2011

Plan B

Okay. It's time for me to confess, although I don't think it will come as a surprise to anyone here - I'm a planner. I need a Plan A and Plan B (sometimes C, D, & E) for all the big decisions in my life. So publishing Anna's Strength has a Plan A and a Plan B. Plan A is the Hollywood version: An agent will read my book and decide I'm the next Nora Roberts/J D Robb. She'll sell it to all the best and biggest publishing companies on the planet and this time next year, E Kelly will be a household name. (Insert laugh here.) Plan B is the realistic version: I will NOT hear from an agent before my self-imposed deadline (End of March) and I'll self-publish Anna's Strength. This means I need to start thinking about choosing a self-publishing company. With the first company I used, the publishing experience was an absolute disaster. I'm determined to choose more wisely this time. And since many of my followers are also struggling authors, I thought I would include some of my research here. Maybe it will prevent one of you from going through what I did the first time. And maybe this time next year, I will be reading one of your books!

1 comment:

  1. Following your blog. Found it on Texas Type A mom's blog hop. Here is my blog
    http://tooblessed-tobestressed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete