Sunday, January 10, 2010

Scheduling

This is the hard part for me. Scheduling time to write. My first book took the better part of a year to finish once I got motivated. I know some writers say that daylight hours = writing hours. That doesn't work for me. I'm a full time teacher and mother. My daylight hours don't actually belong to me. So that leaves the nights. I actually prefer writing then. I don't get interrupted as often and some how I think romance lends itself to the dark. You know what I mean? But when I write at night I find that sometimes I forget to keep track of the time. When I was on winter break from school I found myself up at three o'clock still writing. Great for my second book. Not so great for me. Now that break is over there are days that I don't get to write more than a paragraph. Argh!I hope those writers who have more forgiving schedules appreciate what they have. To be able t o write when ever the mood strikes. That's a goal to strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment