Sunday, January 3, 2010

Introduction

My name is E Kelly. Well, not really. My pseudonym is E Kelly. Why a pseudonym? I am a writer. A contemporary romance novelist. I am also an elementary school teacher. It has been my experience that people often have a hard time wrapping their heads around that concept. A pseudonym also allows me a certain kind of freedom. The kind of freedom that lets me write what's in my head without fear of repercussions, persecutions, or the almighty 'I can't believe you wrote that! What will the parents think!' So I use a pseudonym and write in a world where there are no parents, old boyfriends, or Sunday school teachers to offend.
I have been writing since I was a teenager and because I am now in my early forties, you can say it's been a while. I started with poetry, graduated to short stories and now novels. I am currently awaiting publication of my first novel Bronwyn's Stand. Even though Bronwyn's story has been in my head for the better part of five years, it took some time for me to commit to writing it down. Bronwyn is a strong, brave, independent woman. The kind who is used to taking care of herself and is good at it. She is the kind of woman that many of us wish we could be. I hope you like her as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment